||The easy way to create your own digital collection of fabrics swatches.|
What is FabLib?
FabLib is free software that allows you to build your own private collection of digital fabric swatches by scanning actual fabrics or copying swatches from the internet. Swatches are automatically scaled and stored in a format suitable for direct import into quilt design software like Electric Quilt 4, 5 and 6.
How does it work?
Scanning is as easy as scan-crop-save, copying as easy as copy-paste-save. And using the automatic mode,
you can even collect swatches from the Internet with just two mouse clicks!
If you favor accuracy over speed, you will love the fine tuning option that allows you to preview/rotate/scale the swatch to make sure it tiles perfectly.
Download FabLib v1.07 (318 kb, release date 29 December 2006) for Windows.
Be aware that you need the Microsoft .NET 1.1 framework to run this program. This framework may already be installed on your computer. If not, you will be warned when you install FabLib.
You can download the .NET framework (23 Mb!) through Windows Update or by following this link: Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package.
Questions and Feedback
If you have any questions or comments, want to find answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), or you want to share your experiences, please visit the FabLib forum. Alternatively, you can send me a private message.
What's new?Since v1.06 (19 October 2006):
- Minor bugfixes.
- Added: Correct scaling information (DPI) for use with EQ6.
- Added: Hidden extra ("Easter Egg").
- Added: Support for TWAIN based scanners.
- Bugfix: On systems using large fonts the FabLib window did not scale correctly.
- Bugfix: Copy image from clipboard did not function properly in Windows 98.
- Bugfix: Error on first scan attempt fixed (message ''-48' is not a valid value for 'value'').
- Increased text size, more descriptive error messages.