Author Topic: Fiber Art Quilts  (Read 16331 times)

Southern Star

• Starting Stitcher
    • View Profile
Fiber Art Quilts
« on: 31 July 2009, 23:57:18 »
I am seeking to expand my quilt making from blocks and appliqué to being able to piece together scenes to make quilts that are more like oil paintings. I have seen the technique completed in magazine, but never have I found how too’s or helpful hints. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mageddie

• Starting Stitcher
    • View Profile
Landscape Quilts: outdated?
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2011, 14:47:45 »
Hi there! 
This is my first post ~ I found this forum through a search engine, but am a bit sad to see that there don't seem to be many posts of recent date.  In fact, I was about to reply to a post in the thread: Fibre Art Quilts, but a window came up stating the topinc had not been posted in for at least 120 days, and suggested I consider starting a new topic.
So I've done just that .. except it's really the same topic!!
Can anyone give an idea for the fact that there are many "views" of most of the topics, but very few replies?
I notice that there have been replies in the last couple of days to the reviews on the Quilt Assistant, but most other topics are over a year old. 
The reason I'm sad is that I believe that most of us who've done any quilting, even as a beginner, do have something to share/contribute when provoked!
Anyway .. I'm jumping in the deep end and replying to Southern Star's post of 31 July, 2009, in case you're still there!  Maybe you've just gone ahead and done what I've just done .. "Googled" Landscape Quilting and found a great selection of articles, including several with great "how to's!"
Hope you're having fun .. and I hope this provokes a reply or two!!!

Mageddie

• Starting Stitcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiber Art Quilts
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2011, 14:55:41 »
Hi again,
Here I am, replying to my own post.  But only because I wanted to share this excellent link from the Google collection mentioned previously.  Maybe if Southern Star hasn't already done so, you might like to check this one out.

http://seastrands.wordpress.com/2006/06/29/landscape-quilt-part-1/

Funnily enough, this has been around a while too! I haven't checked the other links myself yet, but maybe I'll find something more recent that's just as good!!

Enjoy!!

golo

• Starting Stitcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiber Art Quilts
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2011, 16:43:06 »
Mageddie, thanks for posting the site ... it is full of nice tips for a beginner like me...  I have never done a landscape, have you?