Author Topic: Printing-has glue edge when not needed  (Read 15356 times)

therbers

• Starting Stitcher
    • View Profile
Printing-has glue edge when not needed
« on: 06 May 2016, 16:40:31 »
I created a paper pieced block, 9.5" tall and 12" wide, and set the printing options to 11"x17" paper with landscape orientation. There is only one section in the block--all 32 pieces are part of section A--so the block pattern should print as a single 10" by 12.5" section. However, when I try to print, the block pattern is divided into two sections with a glue line for joining them back together after printing. In the preview, the two sections are right next to each other on the same page, so it is clear that one complete section would fit on the page. Is there a way to get the pattern to one section with no glue line? Thank you!

Arnout

• Administrator
  • Perfect Piecer
    • View Profile
Re: Printing-has glue edge when not needed
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2016, 13:00:44 »
This may be a bug, or I may have put a limit on the maximum size of each template. In any case, this is something the software does automatically, there is no built-in control to manually override it or switch it off altogether.

As a "hack" you might try to change the size of the design (shrink by say 50%) and then use a magnification at printout (depending on the possibilities of your printer driver or using an in between PDF printout).

If you want me to look into it further, please send the design (.qa2 file) to me by email.

Arnout